Sunday, January 16, 2011

A little bit about me...

Over the past few weeks, I have been hard at work learning about the incredible history of Manhattan Country Club and the people that make it function. During that time, I have had the pleasure of meeting many new faces and have nothing but good things to say about them. Now is a perfect opportunity for me to share a little bit about myself and my background for those of you I haven't met.

I am originally from Liberal, Kansas, a small town in the Southwest corner of the state. There, I began playing golf at the age of 6 and have been attracted to the business ever since. The Golf Course Management program brought me to Kansas State in 2006 where I began my Undergraduate studies. During the Spring of 2007, I added a second major in Hotel & Restaurant Management and found my true passion in this industry.

My interest in clubs and club operations only grew as I started interning around the country in various clubs with different management styles and budgets. My internships have taken me to Victoria National Golf Club in Newburgh, IN where I was a turf intern, Dallas Country Club in Dallas, TX where I served as a Hospitality Intern, Tahoe Mountain Club in Truckee, CA where I served as Tournament Food and Beverage Coordinator and Member Relations Intern, and finally Aurora, IL where I worked with the United States Golf Association as Greens Section Intern.

Each of these stops have provided me with a great look at the industry as a whole and will compliment my current role as Food and Beverage Manager. I am excited about the opportunity to share with you some of the things I have seen as well as learn about where you would like to go. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. I look forward to working with you and serving as your Food and Beverage Manager.