Monday, January 17, 2011

First things first

As I transition into the role of Food and Beverage Manager, my first task is to gather information about the club and where we are currently. Over the past several weeks, I have been observing our operation in its entirety. I have come into the club with an open mind and a lot of curiosity. Our membership completed a lengthy survey in 2010 that has also provided me with a great deal of feedback which I greatly appreciate. The comments were well though out and forthright.

The next step in the process is deciding where we want to go as a club. It is important that we come together as a whole and choose a direction that will benefit everyone involved now and into the future. I believe there is a huge opportunity in food and beverage at MCC going forward. Collectively, we can identify different ways to meet the needs of our membership. It will take time and hard work, but I have no doubt in our abilities to succeed. The folks at Landscapes Golf Group and I will be working closely with the members to come up with creative ways at utilizing our talents and current facilities to increase member usage. It is very exciting to see such enthusiasm from everyone involved thus far.

The final steps are implementation and evaluation. As we implement new ideas and practices, it is important to remember that these are risks. A lot of thought and research will go into each decision we make, but there is no guarantee it will work. Every new practice will be evaluated regularly to track the progress and response from membership. Many of the ideas come from other clubs around the region and country that we have seen succeed, however, a lot of our best ideas will come from you, the member.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to send them my way. I look forward to working with all of you and thank you for allowing me to serve as Food and Beverage Manager.